I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t passionate about birth. The childbirth year, for all its trials and tribulations, is a magical time of life that can’t be compared to any other.
The year surrounding the birth of a child can also be a confusing one. As a birth doula, I take pride in being a companion for families surrounding the birth of a child, offering emotional support, childbirth and pregnancy education, advocacy, and physical support and comfort during labor and delivery.
Having the support of a trained doula has been linked to improved outcomes for both birthing parents and babies, including shorter labors, greater likelihood of vaginal delivery, use of fewer medications and fetal extraction tools, and increased likelihood of initiation of breastfeeding.
My training as a doula includes a combination of academia, first-hand in-person experience, and plain old common sense. I received my undergraduate education at Wayne State University, my formal doula training through the Black Mothers Breastfeeding Association and DONA, and work with a network of community professionals and passionate birth workers to provide the best care possible.
As a “boutique” doula, I deliberately keep my practice very small, serving no more than 2 families with an Estimated Delivery Date in a given month. This allows me to be on call 24-7 during the weeks before and after your EDD and to provide a bespoke experience for every family.
Please feel free to reach out for a free consultation so that we can work together to create the ideal home, hospital, or birthing center birth for your family.
- Pregnancy and Birth Doula Service- 1300
- Includes creation of a birth plan
- 3 prenatal visits (can include accompanying birthing parent to obstetrical/midwifery appointments, informational sessions with partner/family)
- American Red Cross, and Pediatric CPR/AED certification for one family member (additional family members can learn for free, certifications available for an additional fee)
- 1 post-partum visit,
- Unlimited support via text, telephone, and email for up to 6 weeks following the end of pregnancy.
- Payment plans are available.
- Birth is unpredictable so I am flexible.